Our Studio Policy
Attendance and fees
- While our studio provides professional music tuition, we believe that students gain maximum results from learning with a sense of commitment, dedication and regular attendance by weekly lessons.
- Please arrive for your lesson in a timely manner. Due to scheduling constraints, lesson times will not be extended if arriving late.
- We offer one-on-one weekly lessons.
- We conduct our lessons based on four school terms of the year– each term consisting of 10 or 11 weeks. We do understand students at private schools may have different number of weeks per term to ours. We are happy to arrange a different time if adequate notice was given.
- Lessons are also available during the holiday periods. Please speak to your teacher in advance and do understand this must be arranged at times your teacher is available.
- For ongoing lessons, we invoice our students per term, not per lesson. Each student will receive an invoice in advance at the beginning of each term with payment due within seven days.
- Mid-term enrolments are billed for the remaining weeks in the term.
- Casual lessons may be booked dependent on availability and are billed at the casual rates (additional $5 per lesson).
- All invoices are sent via email and can be paid via direct deposit, cheque or cash. Payments cannot be refunded once a student has commenced their enrolment, as per Australian Consumer Law.
- The teacher will suggest music books and resources which can be purchased through the studio, or at your local music store.
We require 24 hours notice for all cancellations.
If you unable to attend the scheduled lesson, we will endeavour to accommodate up to two make-up lessons per term at our discretion.
Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled and do not roll over into the subsequent term.
In the unlikely event that a teacher cannot attend a lesson, we will organise an alternative time for a make-up lesson.
For all lessons, if less than 24 hours cancellation notice is given prior to the schedule lesson time, that lesson will be forfeited. In cases of sudden illness, exceptions may be made at the discretion of the teacher if notice was given before 9AM on the day.
For all billing, concerns and other information about Oyuna Academy of Music, please contact our studio: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to receive your feedback and appreciate communication during the year which alerts us to any issues and helps us to improve our service.
Once more, welcome and enjoy your lessons with Oyuna Academy of Music.